Restoring the Planet
Environment and Ethics
At Dr Zigs we believe sustainability is key. From supporting and engaging with our local community to growing our business in a sensible way.
And we are all about doing our bit to save the planet. Which means that when you buy our products or hire us for an event, you know you will be doing your bit too.
From sourcing sustainably sourced wood for our Bubble Wands, fairtrade cotton for our Bubble Wicks, and ever purer and greener ingredients for our Bubble Brew, you can trust that we are on the case.
Oh, and of course we love recycling, so for every empty bottle of Dr Zigs Bubble Mix you return, you’ll get a whole £3 off your next bottle too!
And for all those times when we just can’t be as environmentally friendly as we would like? Well, we’re planting trees! We aim to be a carbon neutral company – which means each little bit of your Dr Zigs Dragon Bubbles comes with that added lovely bubbly feeling of goodness. Enjoy!
Dr Zigs recognises our responsibility to manage the environmental impacts of our activities, products and services within the tourism and hospitality sector. We have assessed our activities, identified our environmental impacts and aim to reduce and minimises these impacts. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Paola Dyboski Bryant is responsible for ensuring that the following policy is implemented. However, all employees understand that they have a responsibility in their area to support the environmental aims and objectives of the policy.
In order to promote sound environmental practices, our Policy with regard to the environment is as follows: -
- To develop an action plan containing suitable objectives and targets to minimise environmental impact.
- To comply and exceed with relevant national legislation and codes of practice.
- Constantly monitor and evaluate our environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- To ensure that environmental responsibilities are defined, communicated and understood at all levels within our organisation.
- Constantly monitor and evaluate our consumption of resources thereby reducing our pollution and energy consumption; endeavouring to re-use, recover or recycle materials where practicable.8. To ensure that environmental responsibilities are defined, communicated and understood at all levels within our organisation and provide appropriate training where needed.
- Where practicable procure the highest energy rated appliances.
- To minimise water wastage.
- To source wherever possible bio-friendly chemicals in order to minimise our chemical impact on the environment.
- To source locally produced food from suppliers who operate organic and animal welfare. practices to achieve the best quality and minimum food miles.
- To ensure that all employees are aware of the relevant Environmental Policy and are encouraged to contribute improved environmental practices.
- To communicate the Environmental Policy to visitors through the effective use of printed and electronic mediums and to encourage environmentally responsible behaviour.
- Assisting our guests in participating in healthy and green activities during their visit.
From mission statement:
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and Resources
We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing office supplies.
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.