What is the International Day of Charity?
The International Day of Charity aims to raise awareness and highlight some of the amazing global charities that work to provide help and support for those in need.
This awareness day was officially declared by the United Nations in 2012. The United Nations recognized the International Day of Charity and placed it on their 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development. This Agenda is all about shining a light on how poverty affects international development. We should all be encouraging others to look out for others so we can better understand the needs of those in need.
How can you get involved with the International Day of Charity
There are so many fun ways to get involved. You could organize your event, join a local community cause, volunteer, or simply check in on your neighbors. It doesn’t matter, there’s no right answer here. Just get stuck in!
Take Bubbles round to your
- Beach Clean (this is one of our personal favorites), spending time outdoors with friends is always a winner. You could do timed cleans and see who collects the most rubbish in 30 minutes, or vote for the most random item discovered. Leaving a beach cleaner than you found it, is rewarding in itself.
- If you’re not near a beach then a Litter Pick is a brilliant activity to do as a family or with a local group. The Council can provide refuse sacks if you ask them nicely and you can make a difference in your local area with a 30-minute clean-up.
- A good old-fashioned bake sale is sure to be a hit in a school or an office. You could do themed bakes or embrace a Bake Off Style Competition for a laugh. Sell off all the goodies and donate to a worthy cause.
- We’re big fans of Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) why not buy some treats and leave them to be discovered? Or pay for someone else’s coffee next time you’re out. Paying it forward is such a beautiful concept that shows the smallest acts of kindness can make a big difference if we all embrace it.
- You could put on a Bubble Show in your local park (you didn’t think we’d make it through a whole blog post without mentioning our Bubbles did you?!) put up a donation box and hopefully, those Bubble popping fingers will dip into their purses and leave some coins for you by the time you’ve run out of Bubble Mix!
What’s the point?
There are Charities for literally everything nowadays. It can be confusing to know what’s worthy of your time or money to support and this is EXACTLY why this awareness day is so important. It’s a great opportunity to reflect and gain perspective on what matters to others, not just ourselves. How can we make a difference? It’s a brilliant reminder for us to give back and find new causes to get behind.
Here is a link to some of the amazing charities we work with and support.
Please do let us know how you’re supporting the International Day of Charity, or if you find new causes to passionately shout about. We especially want to know if it involves our lovely Eco Bubbles! Tag us on Social Media or use the hashtag #drzigs so we can find your posts and happy Bubbling…